Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The meetings in Los Angeles were a huge success and there is good news on the way.

Did two private shows in Phoenix AZ at the Western Arts Alliance Conference for a total of about 14 people. Can't get much more private than that - BUT you never know who's in the audience. (I say stuff like that to keep me encouraged). Just thinking out loud - what use is a blog if you only get to read the good stuff eh? Such is the life of a make-it-happen-er. Tim Fox, Emily Threlfall and the team at CAMI were on top of things so I'm confident that it will lead to bigger and better things. Tony Lepore flew in and nailed the cues. True professionals.

We found an awesome and huge house for a bargain and other than the new fridge that leaks water we're slowly moving in and getting used to the new neighborhood. I've always wanted a fireplace and now we have one. Too bad I have to travel so much but it makes being at home that much sweeter. Countless people told me I'd never find anything like this for so cheap. I truly believe my expectations are reflected in my results. Like mom used to say: "If all you talk about is the negative then that's exactly what you'll find."

Glad to have a house and thankful to have a healthy family and a gig, that's for sure.



Having kids is a great way to remind you that time is flying. Zion is growing so fast I find myself wondering where the time went. Truly a constant wake-up call to not waste time on people or things that aren't worth it. We only get one go-round and I plan to make mine count. I want to leave my wife and son with more than a paycheck to paycheck existence. It shall be done. Gotta do better.

1 comment:

vinslayer said...

Keep the faith. You are doing the right things. Your mother's words are correct. Negativity breeds negativity. Stay real, but focus on the positive. Always find something in all things to be greatful for. God bless!